3of 3
  • 164 messages
  • February 07, 2009 15:10
added
prices
reviews

I see that the main series of Scrooge McDuck is suddenly divided into Oberon releases, VNU releases, Sanoma releases etc. So the regular 75 album series divided into multiple album series. I personally find this very invisible, and I don't really understand the urge to classify everything by publisher. I collect a series, not issues from a particular publisher. If I would like to see that I will look for publisher.
A much more logical name would be: “adventures of a very rich duck” or “stories of a very rich duck”; this is on the cover of the series.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • February 07, 2009 16:49
added
prices
info pages
reviews

One wants to keep THIS together, the other DAT . The point for Catawiki is to use a straightforward (;-) system for all series / heroes and not let it depend on the personal preferences of 2000 users. You collect series, I collect stories, another all publications from one publisher, another only advertising publications, etc…
Uncle Scrooge has automatically been "included" in the big cleanup of the term "main series" within Catawiki, which is still ongoing.
But I think you're right about that album series. The series / hero Uncle Scrooge can just as easily be divided into three series:
- Adventures of a very rich duck
- Young years of a very rich duck
- Stories of a very rich duck
This would be in line with all other series / heroes.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • February 10, 2009 16:01
added
prices
reviews

That seems like a better layout, yes. If there is an obvious series name then always choose that instead of doing something with the publisher name.

Show original message
3of 3