2of 2
  • 3 messages
  • August 24, 2019 20:53
added
August 24, 2019 20:53

Is the cover correct for this item? https://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/strips/series-helden/asterix/38525-het-gouden-snoeimes

I have a copy identical to the description (including colophon) but Asterix in the title on the front page is black instead of red in my copy.

Are there two versions from 1967?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 4,308 messages
  • August 24, 2019 23:43
added
prices
info pages

It is quite conceivable that the Illustreerde Press edition with copyright date 1967 was reprinted several times before the"second edition" with copyright 1970 appeared.

It is also not inconceivable that image 3 does not belong to this cover , but to a cover with the black name Asterix*, just like the Lombard edition from 1967 by De Rycker printing company in Antwerp.

There is a copy for sale (with photos) of the edition with the red name Asterix, but with a different colophon, from printing company NOI in Amsterdam .

Mistakes are more common when different people upload images 1, 2 and 3. It is therefore always advisable to replace ALL images with scans of a single copy.

It seems to me that you can add your item new without any problems, because it does not (at the moment) match any other item in the catalog.

* The same copy has already come up forauction .

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
2of 2