6of 6
  • 1,907 messages
  • April 09, 2017 09:07
added
prices
info pages
reviews

In many pulp comics of little commercial value, the illustrations are still of a high standard.

Is there anyone who knows the illustrator of this comic or "it looks like work by"?

I have added a page in the catalog

https://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/strips/series-helden/aladdin/36802-aladin-en-de-wonderlamp#open

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 4,308 messages
  • April 09, 2017 13:06
added
prices
info pages

I don't see much quality in the example shown, but that could also be a matter of taste. I only know the Alice in Wonderland adaptation from this series, and it is really cringe-worthy.

Apart from that, such subjective comments are out of place in the catalog.

The draftsman is undoubtedly Spanish, since the original edition was published by Susaeta ediciones in Madrid.

https: // www .tebeosfera.com / numeros / cuento-color_1966_susaeta_1.html

Show original message
  • 1,907 messages
  • April 09, 2017 13:51
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Gosh, I should have formulated it differently, something like that I like it. What you find cringing is therefore a matter of taste. A bit of a tight response from you to someone who has just provided the catalog with better scans. You are knowledgeable but my toes hurt a bit.

Show original message
  • 4,308 messages
  • April 09, 2017 14:10
added
prices
info pages

Maybe I should have phrased it differently: I see little special about these drawings, in my view they hardly transcend the "pulp" definition of this booklet. But as I said, that's an opinion, not a fact.

I didn't notice those new scans, but such improvements are always welcome as far as I'm concerned. Just like your attempts to trace the draftsman. I also find bibliographic completeness valuable when it comes to items that most people find uninteresting.

Show original message
  • 1,907 messages
  • April 09, 2017 18:07
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Kind of the reason I'm not that active on the Forum, before you know it you're writing something that doesn't interest anyone else. So rather keep me busy with the catalog. As an older young person, I know that tastes vary a lot. Lover of Herge, old Suske work, the modern stops with me at Jerome K Bloks, but that is also a comic that started 20 years ago? ago. That pulp work also has its charm, I mean the content in terms of drawings and story of the old illustrated classics can also tell you all about it. But still had (and still has) that "comic magic" just to collect something like that completely. I think for the elderly young people. Anyhow thanks for your addition my toes are fine again.

Show original message
  • 4 messages
  • April 10, 2017 19:06
added
prices
April 10, 2017 19:06

Hello, good day from this (old?) pirate of April 14, 66 years old.

My son is 40 and also a comic collector.

Well I collect the series and he sometimes laughs.

But find something of that at the flea markets inside and outside in Belgium oeiiii

A friend of mine now around 60 years old and his wife also collect the series. I mean we appreciate it, maybe some nostalgia or something ...

I still collect Commercial Comics, Occasional Editions, etc. this in addition to the normal comic editions.

I appreciate the people who enter scans on Catawiki comic catalog It takes a lot of time. I am from De Reclamestripclub and never visit this forum and therefore my 1st time. Many of our employees of De Reclamestripclub have already introduced hundreds of strip editions. Our small, simple club still needs many years to enter more items.

I would say keep it up!

I have introduced Pinkie Pienter from the Rabo Bank in the past few days. and the Hema

I would say to everyone his taste, for me it is about the advertising edition, but nice to get to know the booklets that way

A friendly greeting and a solid leg of this pirate (ex sea fisherman)

Jean-Pierre from the Flemish west coast

Show original message
6of 6