6of 6
jopo
VIP
  • 91 messages
  • April 07, 2016 21:57
added
prices
reviews

I've already added quite a few items in CW. What strikes me, however, is some "laziness" among collectors.

When I have obtained an item, I of course check whether it is already in CW. If not, I'll add the item. With front and back and all the information I can find and post. If the article is in CW, but it has not been added completely or it contains errors, I will correct the errors and possibly add better scans.

What strikes me, however, is that when an item is "partially" posted on CW, new collectors of this item do not always improve this item, but add it to their collection. That's nice and easy.

Can't we all together try to supplement or improve this as much as possible when you have found an item in CW that has not been entered completely?

But maybe I'm a voice crying in the desert...

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 4,226 messages
  • April 07, 2016 23:15
added
prices
reviews

I'm afraid of the latter ...

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • April 10, 2016 18:59
added
prices
info pages
reviews
I had also noticed lately. I have a lot of items, but usually I don't add anything to My Collection until I have also photographed / scanned it. Then you also see that there are indeed many collectors / dealers who have it, but do not complete an incomplete item in the Catalog. I have spoken to various people about this in the past, but not always many results. Strangely enough, more reaction when there are few owners.
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • April 10, 2016 21:27
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Well, my experience has been the same for years: there are users who enrich items, there are those who only put them in their collection / shop, and there are those who do not pay attention to the print or version at all, only on the title.

And I really haven't seen the first group become less active, you know.

What I am much more concerned about is these types of importers . I wonder what use this is.

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • April 13, 2016 23:25
added
prices
info pages
reviews

It is indeed important for the CataWiki Catalog that as much data as possible is entered. In this way collectors can also recognize their copy in it. If they know more, they can supplement the information entered.

You learn to live with the fact that people do not enter everything and you are happy that they enter something. Unfortunately, Arco's example is very extreme and not intended. That is something to be concerned about if the importer does not understand.

Show original message
  • 800 messages
  • June 12, 2016 01:22
added
prices
info pages

But sometimes other collectors do not know much more information about the item, are collectors not allowed to add it to their collection? Or add info first and only then add it to your collection, no, that's good.

Show original message
6of 6