5of 5
  • 227 messages
  • December 26, 2012 14:35
added
prices
info pages

The export of magazines lacks essential information.
With the included sections not even a specific number can be traced.

I now have 2080 items with Perry Rhodan in the list, without any idea which particle what is.

By including Title, Sequence number and Year this could possibly be remedied.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 124 messages
  • May 14, 2014 15:10
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Given the responses you have received on this topic in the past 2 years, I think my story is also shouting in the desert.

Moving pulp series like Lord Lister and Perry Rhodan from 'Books' to 'Magazines' is a decision I have to respect.

However, what is incomprehensible to me is that the title is reduced to a number and there is no possibility to enter the actual title of the story and sort and search by it.

With this kind of series, the title is really important. The number is already indicated together with the year, so why the number double and no title?

Lord Lister published some stories up to 6 times over the course of the 60 years. That kind of information belongs to a good collection

The Belgian variant John Templar, etc. is still listed under 'books', complete with story title, extensive background info, etc. Most are booked as a type of book: (pulp) magazine

However, this turns out to be a separate search entry.

If I enter 'magazine' then I get 6 pages with magazines that are now in 'Books' and that apparently all still have to be transferred and lose their title and a lot of other information and are reduced to one number.

If I bring in (Pulp) magazine, I get 35 pages

I get the strong impression that the wrong choices were made somewhere. A magazine like 'Beet' is obviously a magazine, but Lord Lister, Colt 44, Perry Rhodan etc. are booklets in their own right and the fact that they come out weekly or monthly does not make it a magazine.

Other series are, for example, the bouquet series, Lekturama, etc., which appear periodically and are not regarded as magazines.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • May 14, 2014 16:08
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I think you are overlooking something with regard to the input.

You can specify Parts per magazine. If you enter the title as Title and as Subject 'Lord Lister' then I think it goes a lot better. At Type you choose 'Text story (fiction). Just try.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 4,226 messages
  • May 14, 2014 16:25
added
prices
reviews

and if you just search by title, the magazine will also be found ...

Show original message
  • 124 messages
  • May 14, 2014 16:41
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I see that entering that for new is a good solution, but a lot of the (maybe moved) items don't have that and there is no possibility to add that afterwards and if you copy, you will probably get also an incomplete fill-in sheet.

Show original message
5of 5