8of 8
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 7 messages
  • December 22, 2012 18:59
added
prices
December 22, 2012 18:59

Hello everyone,

Last week I had the new (French) Tanguy & amp; Laverdure and have faithfully entered it into Catawiki. Because the old (Dutch) series stopped at V22 (Matla and Catawiki) I just continued numbering so that this third new release should be V25.

Should be because while I was performing it I thought it was a bit strange that there was 22 stories would be in the old series (total of 25 albums). There are quite a few stories that comprise two albums. However, both Matla and Catawiki (followed slavishly, I think) count almost all albums as separate stories.

Example: the stories "Destination South Pacific" and "Danger on Mururoa" are clearly 1 story, right? However? They are numbered separately V11 and V12.

Let me know if you agree, then I will change the story numbering in Catawiki ...

Erik

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,755 messages
  • December 22, 2012 20:28
added
prices
info pages
reviews

That's right, double stories are still far from being neatly processed everywhere.

If you have the correct information, you are more than welcome to get it sorted at Tanguy. Gladly even.

Show original message
  • 7 messages
  • December 22, 2012 21:07
added
prices
December 22, 2012 21:07

Do we ... I've been reading the series since I was about eight ...

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • December 23, 2012 11:26
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Ok, but how do we indicate them to make a difference. There is not the same story in the albums but a different part of the same story.

Is it V1.1 and V1.2 or will it be V1a and V1b or V1 part 1 and V1 part 2 or. ..

And how do we deal with the old spirou stories (published in the magazine) that actually formed one big follow-up story, but once to make it clear, divided into different stories. Because there you get V1.25 ... Or do we stick to the Matla classification?

And with Spirou "The heirs" and "The robbery of the Marsupilami" is one story or not?

Show original message
  • 1,567 messages
  • December 23, 2012 11:54
added
prices
reviews

Ok, but how do we indicate them to make a difference. There is not the same story in the albums, but a different part of the same story.

Stories about multiple parts are put away as V1-1, V1-2, etc.

Show original message
  • 7 messages
  • December 24, 2012 22:59
added
prices
December 24, 2012 22:59

So ... I took a look at the story numbering of our French pilot friends. It seemed quite simple to me, but when you dive into it you always come across some tricky things.

At the moment I have only changed the (Dutch) main series.

Album 22 The Jammer is a tricky one. According to Matla, this is a combination of K7, K6 and K8. On Catawiki it was only listed as K7. However, the story reads as 1 long story. There is 1 clear separation to be discovered - after 30 plates. It is not clear to me where the second division should be (second part has 16 slides, but the numbering continues after page 30 with 31 etc.). I only recorded this album as 1 long story (V14).

If someone reads this story and wants to shed light on it?

Furthermore, there is still a "ghost album" - entitled l'Avion qui tuait ses pilotes (drawings Jijé). This was released as a separate album by Hachette (and not Dargaud ...). But why?! Does anyone know more about this?

So this ghost album from 1971 should have a separate V-number, but I don't know when it was in Pilote (I'm guessing just for the vampire story) ...

Erik

Show original message
  • 4,319 messages
  • December 25, 2012 00:22
added
prices
info pages

L'avion qui tuait ses pilotes is not a comic, but an illustrated story with four illustrations plus a cover by Jijé.

Incidentally, there is one source I consult when looking for reliable information about comics in Pilote and other French magazines: BDoubliees.com

As for The Jammer, the information on Stripinfo.be

Show original message
  • 324 messages
  • January 15, 2017 10:03
added
prices
reviews

The first story by Tanguy and Laverdure -or, if you like, the first two stories- has 81 consecutively numbered plates. In Dutch these stories have appeared as separate albums: The Lost Rocket and Honor for a Coward. All other stories by Tanguy and Laverdure do not have consecutive numbered records, even if the story continues over several albums.

Show original message
8of 8