6of 6
  • 134 messages
  • June 24, 2020 10:33
added
prices

Customer friendliness is very hard to find here. If someone offers you 11 lottery tickets at the same time that are worth thousands of euros, then you do not refuse the smallest lot of the lot with an email to which you cannot even reply, but contact that seller in a different way, and imagine, for example, for combining two lots. Or better yet, you take that small lottery ticket there to also have the big lottery tickets.

I offer 11 lots with Portuguese comic magazines that feature the best Belgian (and Dutch) comics, often in unique shapes. Lots from a few hundred euros to 1000 euros, including for example about 50 consecutive issues of O Papagaio from 1936 with a unique, colored version of Tintin in America. For a short period in 1953, no Tintin stories appeared in these magazines (Cavaleiro Andante), but Blake and Mortimer and Captain Rob (yes, bizarre combination). Captain Rob in black and white, and Blake and Mortimer in unique colors, not the normal colors. I will make a separate lottery ticket out of that, and that lot will be refused. Why bother creating balanced lots and dividing this carefully into 11 if then a reviewer declines (without, as far as I can tell, even the ability to comment to explain this).

I have removed the other 10 lots, and will be offering the 5 lots with Ohee's that I was already making in a real auction house. There they will probably be happy with, for example, a lottery ticket with all 35 Rik Clément Ohees, signed by Rik Clement. Or all Ohee Jef Nys biographies, signed. Or all Bob Mau stories, signed. Or ...

My brother passed away recently, and we are now selling his collection. Dozens more lots will be released with unique or rare material. Ask the great Flemish collectors, they all knew him, there are still a lot of treasures in it that could have enhanced your auctions.

But then maybe you should have done your approach a bit more humane and open, not a silly refusal email to which you can't even get an answer.

Fools.

Francis Mouton

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,106 messages
  • June 24, 2020 11:25
added
prices
reviews

Have a look below, (Especially the last one from 2020)

besides, words like that won't get you very far and the possibility to ask questions really does exist

and the answer here will be this is the collection site it has nothing to do with the auction site!

Subject: General - News / List Prices

Show original message
  • 134 messages
  • June 24, 2020 11:31
added
prices

Including? The message below is about skipped invoice numbers. The e-mail you receive when your lot has been rejected cannot be answered. You can contact the expert during the preparation of a lot, but not after it has been offered / refused. And there is no separate forum for the auction.

Show original message
  • 1,106 messages
  • June 24, 2020 11:39
added
prices
reviews

ask the expert so that the lot has been rejected, relist on the last page. Message to the expert here you can ask why etc

Below the catalog prices means what might have been bought for 500 years ago now brings maybe 50 more.

Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • June 24, 2020 11:41
added
prices
info pages
reviews

And there is no separate forum for the auction.

Completely correct and that's why your whole rant on the forum is useless, because no auction person is reading along here.

Just try to contact customer service , they are there for a reason (a telephone number - even a separate one for Belgium - is in that message).

Show original message
  • 14 messages
  • June 26, 2020 13:34
June 26, 2020 13:34

Dear Francis,

Your frustration and reaction is very understandable under these circumstances.

As you may know, I personally knew Chris well, as did some of the collaborator comics experts. We were aware of his illness and, like many collectors, his death is a blow to us.

Catawiki Comics has specialized strongly in the auctioning of complete collections in recent years. For this we provide free advice and we are happy to advise and assist the owner (s).

We had informed Chris and wife about this, through an intermediary, some time ago. Furthermore, we treat this with the necessary discretion and await a possible question in such a situation. Under no circumstances will we impose ourselves.

We are therefore surprised that lots are suddenly offered from this collection, without any reference to Chris in the description. The expert will then assess the lots on their individual value and not as part of a valuable whole, as you also suggest.

To respond very briefly to the complaint about customer friendliness and combining: combining is indeed what the experts always strive for and propose. That is even the specialty of this expert.

This is where it went wrong, and there is a simple reason for it. Experts cannot know by looking at 1 isolated lot that there is more to it. Lots do not arrive grouped by provider, but chronologically and that is how they are treated. Various other lots can therefore prevent the overview between the first and last offered lot.

That is why we have been calling through our newsletters for a year to contact us about collections. Then we can propose a global approach and we almost always come to an agreement to auction everything, including the somewhat weaker lots.

So I suggest that we get in touch for proper consultation.

With sincere condolences,

Patrick Vranken

Category Manager Catawiki Comics

Show original message
6of 6
This topic is locked