7of 7
  • 40 messages
  • May 08, 2016 08:33
added
prices
info pages

Dear Forum & Catawiki Management.

I already asked these questions mentioned below to Catawiki directly and to the Auctioneer, but I was not allowed to receive a response and therefore my questions here and publicly.

In the past 2 months I see the following text at various (non-Dutch) Auction sellers;

The original text in German;

A) Laut neuem EU Law muss nachfolgender Zusatz unter jedem Online-Verkauf stehen, ansonsten haftet der Verkäufer auch als Privatperson ein ganzes Jahr für die verkaufte Ware. Gemäß den neuen Gesetzesbestimmungen läuft diese Auktion unter Ausschluss jeglicher Gewährleistung, Garantie- und Rücknahmeleistungen. Da es sich um einen Privatverkauf trades, übernehme ich keine Garantie nach neuem EU Law. Sie als Bieter erklären sich damit einverstanden und anereken dies mit Ihrem Gebot!

B) the given Dutch translation - unfortunately completely incomprehensible to me;

Subsequent extras according to new EU legislation must be included in every online sale, otherwise the seller as a private individual risks having a whole year before the goods are sold. According to the new regulations, this auction runs excluding warranty, guarantee and return. Since it is a private sale, I assume no guarantee for new EU legislation. You as a bidder agree and acknowledge this with your bid!

Question 1;

I'm sorry, but I don't understand this;

What is actually here?

Question 2;

As a Catawiki user and buyer, do I now have any warranty

or am I, by the above mentioned by the seller,

always obliged to purchase the purchased item.?

Concrete two examples; at auction Corgi Model Cars;

1) Seller offers a fairly rare Corgi model, however it is a re-paint

and there is an important part missing from the offered model.

Both items are not mentioned in the auction lot page.

I put the question to the auctioneer, but got no response/answer

2) also at the current Corgi Auction, lot 24, (another seller)

becomes a `Made in Gt. Britain` Corgi offered,

however, this one is really 'Made in Hong Kong' as can clearly be seen on one of the seller's own offer photos.

I also reported this to the auctioneer, but no response

Both objects had my interest, but luckily I noticed the flaws in time.

but and that's my question 3

if I had not seen this now ... bought the object anyway and saw that after arrival;

a) at object one;

the unmentioned re-paint and the missing of that important part

b) at object two;

`Made in GT. Britain' or 'Made in Hong Kong' is really important

(at least for collectors) difference.

and then take into account the German text.

Question 3; Do I / Did I have the right to return the item?

if so within what time.?

and who pays the shipping costs?

I await your reactions and opinions with interest.

With VR. gr.

from an enthusiastic Catawiki user.

Anna = Basiliscus

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 324 messages
  • May 08, 2016 11:01
added
prices
reviews

I think, but I don't do auctions because I'm just a simple collector, the answers to most of your questions here are http: http://www.catawiki.nl/help . As said, I am only a simple collector so I am not going to read and summarize those pieces of text for you. And as for German, you have the German text at hand, you may be able to produce a better translation.

Show original message
  • 176 messages
  • May 08, 2016 13:53
May 08, 2016 13:53

Look; and now don't complain that you are not being helped ... :-(

Show original message
  • 1,110 messages
  • May 09, 2016 09:27
added
prices
reviews

@ Hi Basil,

can no longer reply to messages sent to my box, so a general message,

As an administrator, I can't really answer your questions directly

administrators are volunteers who have no blessing whatsoever and have nothing to do with Catawiki

I can always help with translating from Nl or E to German

yes and I know if you live abroad it is almost impossible to get good contact with the customer service and one auctioneer is not the other there are very good ones who are very helpful and with others you are a voice calling in the desert

Auto@ and Lange@ because this lady lives in Spain, such comments are of no use to her.

can give one answer and I only know that for Germany (owns more than 10,000 positives at Ebay there, so enough experience)

a business seller must take back at all times, even if it is not broken

a private seller who sells to private and does not include a guarantee does not have to do this, but many also do this because they do not want a negative

a sunny day peter.

Show original message
  • 176 messages
  • May 09, 2016 09:52
May 09, 2016 09:52

Hello Peter,

of course this lady is of no use to all the posts that follow hers.

the problem, however, is that Catawiki itself is to blame for this. Catawiki reacts badly (sometimes not even) to questions / comments etc. Your comment about one auctioneer who is not the other is exemplary for this; the follow-up of questions/complaints by Catawiki employees should be arranged by means of protocols so that individual employees do not (seem to) determine the policy in this regard.

Due to a lack of (substantive feedback / answers) people will look for other ways to express their questions / irritations and so on.

Arco will then place locks again (understandable in itself) but nothing changes at the root of the problem.

all in all, Catawiki is on the ball.

Show original message
  • 1,110 messages
  • May 09, 2016 10:07
added
prices
reviews

exactly but at the moment they only have $$$$$$$$ in their eyes and as a result many sellers drop out, just like I sold my last two items three weeks ago (the long wait for accord and not placing nothing blessed comments we think it will not reach the 75 € forcing certain texts with the item not paying out all items while there is only one item in disagreement etc etc I don't feel like it anymore)

keep the catalog up to date and help with serious questions that usually come via e-mail thats it

Show original message
  • 40 messages
  • May 09, 2016 18:06
added
prices
info pages

Dear Peter,

Anyway, thanks for your message and information

and LJ & Auto;

Yes, I did take the time to read it carefully,

but found no answers related to my questions.

and yes,

extremely unfortunate and annoying that there is not a simple Catawiki Help Desk/Service,

who, just like all other serious large companies, who do take their customers seriously, such as Amazon.com or Bol.com, simply give a real answer within a reasonable period of time instead of a lady who answers the same sentence 1001 times without any serious content.

But I do understand that all this is unfortunately wasted effort and time,

so let's go on happily...

Greetings to all of you!

Show original message
7of 7