25of 256
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • July 21, 2015 15:32
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Slowly but surely, the forum of the collector community is getting 'polluted' again in all kinds of places with questions and reports about auctions. To streamline things somewhat, this special sticky topic has been created. The intention is to only post messages here if contact via info [at] catawiki.nl is unsuccessful. By default, this option must therefore be used first. This can be done by email, or via the link to Customer Service at the bottom of almost every page on Catawiki. New messages about auctions in other places will be deleted or closed. Please understand for this.

N.B. Always read the auction conditions carefully, because they already contain many answers. It is of little use to complain about things you could have known in advance.

In short: we would like to keep the number of postings here as low as possible.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 27 messages
  • July 22, 2015 18:51

With me the same problem already 2 lots that have not been paid, at the first time I did not hear anything ..... I emailed the auctioneer concerned, well after 8 weeks no money, then a collection will be sent , You will be notified of this ... 1 e-mail that the investigation was started by debt collection uche uche ..... I would still be informed, not so. Then I got a message that my lot had been canceled so I could offer it again ... the idea that the same lot is being auctioned doesn't feel good. Now again someone who had bought a lot, again misery !!!! and wait, wait, wait, I don't think anything will be done!

But what I find totally scandalous is that my text was tampered with during the auction without being notified !!! I had an original copy of something and before I got to the mind of an auctioneer I was already angry, after emailing back and forth it was approved with the text that it was an original item, and another auctioneer So against a colleague, just changed the text during the auction, that makes me pissed off, the item left with a handout amount (which I often experience) and people have lost faith in you, the same item is already 2 auctioned once but then the replica with an amount that made me silent :-( And then something else, while I'm busy I also throw everything out immediately, I have a lot that has been in the auction but not the RP, I wanted to remove that lot from the system so delete it, answer? Is unfortunately not possible madam !! So you are not even allowed to decide on your own stuff? Where can you find the rules of this kind of nonsense I can do it nowhere to be found.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,398 messages
  • July 22, 2015 20:39
added
prices
info pages
reviews

At the bottom of every page is Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Show original message
  • 1,106 messages
  • July 22, 2015 21:14
added
prices
reviews

4.3 An auctioneer supervises the conduct of the Auctions. If with regard to

an Auction situations arise for which these Terms of Use do not provide and/or in

in case of disputes between Users or other irregularities, the auctioneer decides

what happens. The auctioneer determines – based on factors such as attractiveness,

rarity, the potential yield and the expected demand for the Lots –

which Lots participate in the Auction. The auctioneer has at all times, both before and

during an Auction, the right to refuse to include certain Lots in an Auction

and to change or delete Auctions and/or Lots within an Auction .

4.4 Lots that you have registered for an Auction can be withdrawn from an auction

until the moment they are included in an Auction by the auctioneer .

it is always better to read the terms of use is simply clearly described at ebay you can no longer remove an item if there is a bid and not paid there are everywhere is just an internet risk, every site has its advantages and disadvantages the advantage here is that you actually never lost your item without payment, a disadvantage is the communication, so take or live it

Show original message
  • 27 messages
  • July 22, 2015 21:56

I asked to delete this post from me but it was already too late.

Sometimes it's just a bit frustrating and then I have to get rid of it :-)

And idd there are certainly good things that are happening here, but if you have a number of disappointments in a row then you want to say that ff, and if you have tried everything to get your questions answered and you get no response then That just sucks.

See this message as not posted

Show original message
  • 4 messages
  • August 05, 2015 23:39
August 05, 2015 23:39

Good afternoon,

I have seen two problems at Catawiki in the months that I have been using this site:

1) Communication: the questions to employees are simply not answered, eg I have been waiting three weeks for the answer to my question from the financial administration. The question about the selection criteria for the auctions has also remained unanswered for months. Additionally, I asked to contact someone who can explain the guidelines, but this request was simply ignored - I didn't get back to me at all.

2) Selection criteria for auctions: It seems that there is no clarity within the team of Catawiki experts about what is and what is not auctioned. Sometimes I am told that my offered lots are not accepted for auction, while I bought them on Catawiki within now and a month. The reason is then vaguely described and when I ask for details, I sometimes get four different versions of the story (sometimes really bizarre that I think I have to publish it sometime!). I can forward the employees' emails to the person concerned to review them.

I hope that I now get the attention of the administrator of this platform, because together we can work on improving the service. My questions and comments are therefore not intended to condemn Catawiki, but as constructive criticism that you can do something about.

If desired, I can make a few more suggestions for the site itself. I have a few ideas :-)

Sincerely,

Elena Plotnikova

Show original message
  • 1,106 messages
  • August 06, 2015 08:42
added
prices
reviews

I hope I now get the attention of the administrator of this platform

Also the attention of an administrator will not help you any further they have 0.0% to say at Catawiki they only keep the catalog in their field entirely on a voluntary basis

and administrators also have the same problem when they offer something up for auction long wait for an answer no answer same item rejected by one auctioneer and approved by another a few weeks later

ce la viè

Show original message
  • 71 messages
  • August 06, 2015 09:06

quote:

".... have the same problem when they offer something up for auction long wait for answer no answer same item rejected by one auctioneer approved by another a few weeks later "

end of quote

I wanted to talk about that too !!

First reject because there is no white background and then (after correction !) because it would not reach the target 75 euros is really frustrating! Especially when it concerns a piece of furniture (heavy and unwieldy to put on a white canvas !!) that is located 25 km from my hometown.

Will she continue bombarding me with the same another "auctioneer" is coming ....

Show original message
  • 4 messages
  • August 06, 2015 17:07
August 06, 2015 17:07

Ho, I wanted to write that I'm glad I'm not the only one with this negative experience, but actually it doesn't make me happy.

However, it might help to share the experiences in order to force recognition of the problem among company managers. Especially now that it has become known that the investors (75 million I read) are coming who may not be so happy if the frustrations of users are ignored.

It is therefore in everyone's interest to ensure that such situations are no longer tolerated at Catawiki. The users will be happy if the site and customer service are customer friendly and helpful. The company benefits from a positive image and goodwill from investors. And the investors will be satisfied with decent numbers and high ROI, when the platform will be accessible and pleasant for users.

Now just to get the business leaders to read these benefits ;-)

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • August 06, 2015 17:13
added
prices
info pages
reviews

We're not going to discuss that here. This topic is only for contacting Customer Service if other attempts have failed. And believe me, that only happens at a fraction of all tens of thousands of transactions per month.

Show original message
  • 1,907 messages
  • August 07, 2015 07:28
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Dear Arco or other Catawikier,

In case a seller or buyer encounters problems at an auction and after weeks it does not come out with Catawiki, you cannot blame those people for going into the "public domain" via the FORUM. And if they are incidents, that does not pollute the Forum, does it? As a buyer / seller, it is even useful to gain knowledge of things that could be improved. It seems good to me that members of Catawiki, ie shop buyers / sellers as well as / providers / bidders, are informed through the auctions of things that are not right. Non-paying buyers / wrong items etc, as a learning effect.

Isn't it a nice idea to place a sub FORUM at the auctions where you can put tips / comments about auctions only. Then the collectors platform will not disturb or at least much less ..........

best regards

Harry J

Show original message
  • 71 messages
  • August 07, 2015 07:54

I couldn't say it better Harry56! ;-)

And that the management would also do something about this (read; learn and improve) would be the ultimate.

I was actually working on the idea play to start with an independent forum to start such (general!) problems (also at other sales sites)!

Just noticed, with a completely different topic (problem!) that on forums like that of test purchase or other responses may provide progress on such matters.

Show original message
  • 98 messages
  • August 07, 2015 10:16

Dear elenaplotnikova and kringes,

I have sent you both a message by email.

Sincerely,

Anke - Customer Support

Show original message
  • 71 messages
  • August 07, 2015 10:33

Hey Anke,

thanks for that.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • August 07, 2015 11:32
added
prices
info pages
reviews

@harry

The problem is that we do not get any insight at all, since it is a one-way street from complainants to Catawiki. Handling is done by email (also because there is almost always a party involved who is not present on the forum). So it always ends unsatisfactory for readers. There is no rash. There is no opinion. There is not a dot on the horizon. For that reason, there is no discussion about auction policy, but this topic is a 'last resort' for auction users with their hands in their hair. And that works well so far, thanks to Anke.

Personally, I would also like to see a forum on the auction page, but apparently they are not ready for that yet. What I agree with is that as a company you first have to think carefully about something like this, because such a forum naturally also puts a certain pressure on your organization and you have to try to channel that in advance. Every forum attracts crazy people, for example, and you don't want to pontifically give them a mouthpiece on the facade of your company. In addition, you must currently be able to handle six languages. Of those things ... I am very curious how this will develop in the coming year.

Show original message
  • 1,907 messages
  • August 07, 2015 11:47
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Arco,

I understand what you are saying. Anyone with common sense knows that Catawiki is now such a large company that you have to make a thorough assessment of which news gathering is useful and which could (then incorrectly) cause unrest. Obviously I cannot judge whether the people who are no longer out and have chosen the Forum as a last resort are all complainers, in any case they are customers who want to tell their story.

You will never get it perfect, but as long as the approach and attitude at Catawiki is and remains: continue to think along and improve as well as possible, then it is good ........., tips and comments from members are a bonus, anyway, they are free ...............

Leidsche greetings

HJ

Show original message
  • 71 messages
  • August 07, 2015 14:07

Also to Arco

;-)

I understand and thank you for speaking to us. Respect to volunteers like you!

I just wanted to say that Anke's answer was fast, polite and .... diplomatic. With a lot of room for discussion, but I'll leave it at that!

There are plenty of other trails to walk.

And as for forums, I have witnessed the demise of both the French and French-speaking Belgium forums, of another well-known auction site, and I have to agree with you.

Show original message
  • 4 messages
  • August 07, 2015 14:24
August 07, 2015 14:24

Thanks, Harry56!

I also find it educational to read the experiences of other users. I only discovered Catawiki a few months ago, so I am only a starter :-) So I am happy with all the reactions and comments.

However, it sounds strange if the employees of Catawiki do not want to use them to also improve their services. For a growing company, the experiences of customers are a source of information to optimize the working method.

So it's a win-win situation, as I said before :-)

Anke, thank you also for your message with the good news about the processing of my payment. I hope I get answers to other questions now.

Arco, the forum is indeed the last resort. I'm glad that now (after almost a month of sending emails - one way street indeed, as I didn't get a response) the payment has finally been processed. So forum works better than the official communication channel with financial administration ;-) Although it is not the intention I think that the users should enforce such things through forum seems to me, but yes - I was already as you described "with hands in it her ".

Dear Arco and Anke, again it is not my intention to condemn Catawiki (then I would not post it on the Catawiki forum, but use other channels), but to make our cooperation so pleasant possible. Again, I would like to indicate that I am willing to forward the emails of the employees with what I consider bizarre statements to the responsible person - also with a view to keeping the forum clean :-) I kindly ask you to send me a message with the contact details of the person whose job it is to make contacts with customers as smooth as possible.

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • August 10, 2015 18:13
August 10, 2015 18:13

Dear Catawiki employee,

I am currently encountering a problem with shipping / picking up a lot for the 2nd time.

When creating the lot, I choose always standard for option 3:

Pick up is preferred. Shipping is possible in consultation. The shipping costs are for the buyer and must be paid by the buyer directly to the seller .

I choose this because I only offer lots that I do not have to buy due to weight and / or volume. send. The buyers can come and collect the lot.

Catawiki does not offer the unambiguous "pick-up" option. This is now the second time that this causes problems for a buyer abroad who is not able to pick up the lot.

Again I get all negative comments to be processed with a negative review on the bargain. The buyer maintains that pick-up is preferred. So I have to send it, he suggests. And not entirely unjustified, because of this description.

Including the sentence only pick up in the lot description is apparently no longer allowed, and would still not be unambiguous because the problem (the description of option 3) will remain, and buyers can stick to it.

I recently read that several sellers encounter this.

Improvement proposal: make the 3rd option pick up only and the problem has been tackled.

Please reply.

Kind regards,

Falco Thijssen

Show original message
  • 1,193 messages
  • August 10, 2015 18:26
added
prices

everything can be sent

if necessary you rent a truck

and you simply calculate that

then add a thousand euros to shipping costs, for example

Show original message
  • 71 messages
  • August 10, 2015 18:56

That's right, but you have to keep it realistic.

Anything a customer has to give more to shipping, he gives less to the purchase itself.

Show original message
  • 1,106 messages
  • August 10, 2015 19:40
added
prices
reviews

Maybe also a good solution that you can just uncheck parts of the world or certain countries e.g. only Benelux for certain heavy article,

or countries with which you have a lot of bad experience so that you cannot get from these countries The competition has had this option for much longer

and therefore would like a button where the buyer and seller can stonewall the transaction if you receive an item that you are absolutely not satisfied with because it differs greatly from the description (send back of course) vice versa if payment is not made after, say 2 weeks, the seller can offer again, a lot of hassle will disappear (bailiff process, email auctioneer, etc.).

and the whole thing disappears at the same time on the site van bijden so no more feedback and whining (as a catawiki you must of course have a little faith in your customers), -)

This is what it looks like

Everything in Ordnung. Sie haben diesen Kauf abgebrochen.

Grund für den Abbruch: Käufer hat um Abbruch des Kaufs bitten ......... etc

Show original message
  • 176 messages
  • August 10, 2015 20:43
August 10, 2015 20:43

Baronselderie: then the entire auction principle is overhauled and it becomes a marketplace / ebay monstrosity. (The disadvantages of both, but Honor limits the advantages.)

Show original message
  • 71 messages
  • August 19, 2015 09:38

I was just very happy with the rather "regional character" of this sales site!

I could easily do most of my transactions by car or motorcycle.

I was finally got rid of eastern bloc countries where you had to send "sealed" parcels to claim the guarantee of loss or theft.

Not to mention other more eastern countries where just about anything could go wrong go.

Show original message
  • 27 messages
  • August 19, 2015 12:38

I have already sent a lot via PostNL to France, everything went well, customer satisfied.

Now I have sent another lot on July 16, I receive an email from Catawiki that someone has not received his package. had received: -0 they will arrive with them on August 18?

I traced the package and it arrived nicely in France, but now it said there was no collection code? I had understood that the package had been offered to the buyer but that he was not at home at the time, now it may be that he lives in a secure apartment or something I have heard via PostNL. and then the package cannot be offered, the buyer now has to go to the post office to pick up the package or am I wrong now? By the way, these are stupid emails that Catawiki sends, you are immediately confronted with please resolve this with the buyer. Your payments are blocked, or the buyer refunds or a new shipment!

I just did what I had to do, sent the package the day after the lot sold, does anyone here know what would have gone wrong? if anyone has any experiences with this, please let me know! But this is the last time I send something to France, or I add 1000 Euro to shipping France, then at least they don't buy :-)

Show original message
Go to page
25of 256