4of 4
  • 18 messages
  • March 06, 2009 10:28
March 06, 2009 10:28

I would like it if I could see what language the album is in without clicking the details.
For example, when I look at Quintos I see two items.
Hey? Then I think: are there two different expenses? So then I go to the details and it turns out that it concerns the Dutch and French edition.
In addition to the title and the possible mention HC, in the case of a foreign publication, the language can also be mentioned or an icon with the flag of the country.
The same, of course, applies to dialects.
This can be done in the photo gallery, but can of course also just be added a column in the list.
It does not seem necessary to me to have to click to the details to know the language of the release.
Perhaps there may also be an extra selection to select that you only want to view Dutch or French editions. Otherwise, there is a danger that the catalog will become somewhat unclear as more publications in other languages are added.
And a Frisian probably likes to be able to see a list of everything that has been published in Frisian. Well, I am not Frisian, but you probably make someone happy with it.
Most collectors are mainly interested in Dutch editions. I myself only have foreign publications if the book is not published in Dutch or if the album comes out better in my own language and of which I have a good command of the language.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • March 06, 2009 10:54
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Apart from the extra functionality that you are asking for, a few comments.
If you have searched for a series and you come to the result screen, you can indeed see an overwhelming multitude of items. Over time you will notice that the series open with a photo gallery of items that are part of the so-called "main series". That clears up quite well, because what you then no longer see are the foreign publications and all other variants such as advertising strips and the like.This functionality is very fresh, so that's why I say "over time". For your fun I just modified Quintos.
It is also the case that the different album series are named on the left. If you click on a series there, only the albums that belong to that series will remain in the photo gallery.
You may have already noticed the latter, but you don't want to know how many people overlook this elimination option.

Show original message
Rene
  • LastDodo Team
  • 6,271 messages
  • March 06, 2009 13:27
added
prices
reviews

Hi Soeperman,
Language is another point that we need to work on further. As more albums in other languages are added to the catalog, this will indeed become more important. But we will solve this too.
Thank you for your suggestions anyway!
René

Show original message
  • 18 messages
  • March 07, 2009 02:34
March 07, 2009 02:34

Arco,
Quintos makes me very happy. Thanks. :)
Yes I have seen the selections per series, but some series have quite a few publishers. Just take a look at Olivier Blunder.
And it is not a solution to see all items in a certain language clearly in a list. I don't mean there should be a master list per language either. Dutch is enough. But a selection by language would be nice for the Frisians and the Flemings. :)

Show original message
4of 4