7of 7
  • 3 messages
  • January 19, 2019 09:53
January 19, 2019 09:53
I wondered how long auction results can be traced. When a good has been sold, this good, including the auction results, can still be found. For example, by searching for the specific indication of the good via Google. With art this is particularly easy; Enter the name of the artist and title of the work and you will see the last auction plus result. This is not very discreet. If you want to resell certain goods, everyone can find out what has ever been paid for on Catawiki. A big drawback. For example, I don't want to keep and resell some artworks that I bought through Catawiki. The price that can still be found for everyone via Catawiki is pretty much the maximum you can ask for it. In this sense, every work of art ever auctioned through Catawiki becomes "contaminated". Will the auction results ever go offline? If so; how long will this take?
Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,406 messages
  • January 19, 2019 10:09
added
prices
info pages
reviews

And you are afraid to ask this question with your auction account? So specially created a new account.

But you have already answered your question.

Show original message
  • 1,110 messages
  • January 19, 2019 10:18
added
prices
reviews
  • For example, I don't want to keep and resell some artworks that I bought through Catawiki.

if you do it as a private person (Purchasing / Sales is Trade), the tax authorities think this is interesting -;)

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • January 19, 2019 10:44
January 19, 2019 10:44
Well say ... fazerco ... I am posting a question / topic for the first time. With my existing account. Apparently you have to enter a nicname separately / optionally, if that is what you mean. I only see that now. In any case, many thanks for this warm welcome to this forum. And just any wrongful accusation against me ...
Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 4,226 messages
  • January 19, 2019 11:21
added
prices
reviews

Some artworks I bought through Catawiki

So you already had another account!

You just created this account today ... right?

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • January 19, 2019 11:27
added
prices
info pages
reviews

On our side, yes.

But hey, we are not discussing auction sytematics here. At most about nice objects ...

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • January 19, 2019 11:37
January 19, 2019 11:37
Nope ... apparently you get a registration date on this forum when you post your first message. But I just clicked through to the forum from my existing auction account. Anyway, it is already clear to me that broaching what I think is normal topic about Catawiki here gives rise to unfriendly reactions. Unfortunately. I will ask the employees of Catawiki itself. Everyone should know what you think about it (if you have a bargain and can sell it for a profit in an honest way - without cheating - to someone who is happy with it, who cares ..). Hope that fazerco never goes to the supermarket, shoe store, bicycle repair shop or whatever ... because hey, they make a profit there too! And of course without advertising the purchase price! Shame! Selling something for a profit is not a crime.
Show original message
7of 7
This topic is locked