6of 6
  • 3 messages
  • June 06, 2020 12:44
June 06, 2020 12:44

Hi,

I can't find a good explanation of how to correctly enter a CN23 if you have a buyer who lives outside the EU.

The 'from' and 'to' part is of course no problem.

Only then 'Customs declaration'. On the form I can choose from:

- Gift
- Documents
- Trade sample
- Return goods
- Other

If I fill in one of the last three then I also have to fill in all gray fields or are they optional? It is trade, but not a 'trade sample', so only 'other' remains?

See: https://shop.postnl.nl/media/catalog/ product / cache / 0cfd3ef76bb0e1abd60eb784aefbf64c / 1/4 / 1491400345_p_1015__0112_.jpg

Do I have to fill in the number on the invoice from Catawiki and do I also have to add it to the plastic folder that they stick on the box?

Now I know that there are people who just tick Gift / gift, that is the easiest, but of course that is not correct and you might get problems with that?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,907 messages
  • June 06, 2020 17:00
added
prices
info pages
reviews

You really have to submit these kinds of questions to the postal company. Some time ago I also inquired about postnl. Of interest to you, a general answer below, which means that a sending postal company here will take its hands off everything if the sender is not clear in the description:

"Of course it is difficult to check all shipments abroad. On arrival in the country of destination, random checks are carried out. If a shipment is not sent correctly, there is a possibility that the shipment will be destroyed" & gt; & gt & gt; and it follows that any insurance by the postal company will not be honored here either.

My answer is of no use to you, is just to indicate that carefulness will pose the least risk.

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • June 06, 2020 18:40
June 06, 2020 18:40

Thank you for your response.

I only read on Catawiki about which countries you should fill in such a thing, otherwise not really how and whether you should include that packing slip and stuff.

https://www.catawiki.nl/help/international-shipments-customs-and-fees/when-do-i-need-to-fill-a-customs-declaration-form

If it is only random, then I now understand why so many people only check donation.

However, I try to do it as correctly as possible, but I find it a little unclear.

Show original message
  • 1,907 messages
  • June 06, 2020 19:16
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Catawiki auctions only provides general guidelines and (please note) is not a party to the shipment. Specifically, it is the matter of the sending party (that is you) and the guidelines of the postal company. I was able to find this on how to enter / use the C23 (and 22). Your postal company will have the same kind of information, at postnl I did not really see a specific instruction to fill in. Calling your postal company again or visiting a postal point might be better.

https://www.sendcloud.nl/customs declaration-cn22-of-cn23/

Unfortunately, it is not made too easy for us ...........

Show original message
  • 227 messages
  • June 06, 2020 20:36
added
prices
info pages

You can arrange the shipment online via postnl.nl by choosing Send / Send parcel / Send immediately.

When choosing the type of package and country, the correct customs form is automatically displayed.

You can also choose from Trade Goods.

If you do not know exactly the correct information, it is best to have everything arranged at a PostNL point.

If you frank online, you don't have to do anything. The information required by customs is automatically displayed. Filled in? Then the form is automatically added to the shipping label. Then just hand it in at a PostNL point. No printer? We print your shipping label and any associated customs forms.

We recommend that you frank online. From 1 January 2020, all countries require that the information about your shipment is pre-notified digitally. And this is only possible with online franking. Are you still going directly to a PostNL point? Then you will receive the correct form from an employee.

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • June 07, 2020 19:30
June 07, 2020 19:30

Thank you everyone, I will put this question to the postal company.

Show original message
6of 6