5of 5
  • 1,907 messages
  • December 18, 2019 09:36
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I have been shipping via Postnl for over 30 years and in recent years also via DPD. My experience, also as a receiver, is good. If you, as a seller, pack well, address clearly, take photos of items for yourself before they enter the package and the closed package, then you will be fine. I am dealing with a damaged package for the first time, 99% sure caused by mail delivery person. Firm letterbox package cracked and also the comic books. Must have been an elephant before ......

Then the game starts with the mail, file a complaint, claim and then you find out that insured package of antique items is a sham, although you can prove a market value. Postnl assumes purchase receipts from the seller (the sales price is irrelevant) DPD assumes a maximum of a few euros per kg when the claim is granted. However prepared you are as a sender.

Ergo, which probably will not be news to many, if you sell something valuable and the mail is in between and something goes wrong, the buyer and seller depend on the arbitrariness of the postal company, how the cap is versus at most possible payment leniency . As a buyer you are dependent on the seller or who wants to submit a claim (especially if the sales price has already been paid) as a seller you need the buyer to submit a solid claim.

My conclusion, the more valuable the better to collect or have it collected.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • December 18, 2019 18:18
added
prices
info pages
reviews

That reminds me that you sent an email to Catawiki regarding the postal law. Guess who got it in his mailbox ... (;-) Apparently Catawiki is not interested ...

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 5,233 messages
  • December 18, 2019 18:30
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Unfortunately, this phenomenon is as old as when parcels are shipped. If you have already sent and / or received something for 30 years without any problems, you should close your hands. Many discussions have already taken place about this, but here too Cruijff applies his law: Every advantage has its disadvantage. Especially thanks to the increasingly brutal fraudsters, the rules of the game are being tightened by the transport companies. Because of this, the good have to suffer from the bad.

Harry56's conclusion is correct, but here too this advantage has a disadvantage: The item is then less attractive to many bidders and therefore the yield will usually be lower.

Show original message
  • 1,907 messages
  • December 18, 2019 19:12
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Arco and Tammo, I am indeed "lucky" not to have had any postal problems before, I believe that due care in shipping has and can prevent a lot of trouble. Even if you buy, it is imperative that you first contact the seller that he or she is in any case carefully sent.

I thought it was time to find out what the "current" law in sales between private individuals is. I have a bit more time than the workers, so it was again an "interesting" quest "of days. Can I write a book about the authorities that you expect have knowledge in-house ... so they don't have that and, unfortunately, Catawiki auctions (I think that's sad) are not interested, not even nice when the email gets to Arco and that is not told. Anyhow, via the consumer association (difficult / difficult / do not know, to Rijksoverheid Post, do not bother our counter, referral to ACM consuwijzer, not our counter, referral to legal counter, other answers from various people, but ultimately refer to a law firm that has put its teeth into it in the past and currently. Great address with links that I can place for anyone who finds it useful.

Incidentally, does not change the fact that selling and shipping by post or an auction house in between is never without risk for both buyer and seller.

But it is nice that the private individual can know for 95% what law and the law is with lawyers, with certainly still a gray area and "you can see that you are getting the right ... “And as Tammo outlines, given the number of fraudulent claims, it is now also becoming increasingly difficult for postal companies to conduct their business properly.

For those interested see

https://ictrecht.nl/2012/03/12/wie-is-aanspraELIJK-voor-verloren-bestellingen-bij-particuliere-verhuur/

https://ictrecht.nl/2018/02/08/wie-dragen-nu-eigenlijk-het-ris-voor-retourzending-van-producten/

That was it for a while, who knows, it might be of use to someone.

Show original message
  • 1,907 messages
  • December 19, 2019 07:18
added
prices
info pages
reviews

In addition, what Ictrecht explained to me via email:

Moreover, Article 29 of the Postal Act does indeed clearly state that the postal company is never liable for (damage as a result of) loss, damage or delayed delivery, unless the postal company has demonstrably acted intentionally or grossly negligently. Also, only the sender can submit a claim. These articles have not been included in the law to protect consumers (or other groups of citizens), but to ensure that a postal delivery service in the Netherlands is and remains possible. The thinking is that no company would want to take on this task if postal companies were constantly inundated with claims about missing / damaged letters and parcels.

Show original message
5of 5