10of 10
  • 150 messages
  • July 30, 2014 20:23
added
prices

How does it work if someone wants to collect their won lot from me?

The buyer does not have to pay shipping costs. That is obvious. But how is that settled iof arranged?

In the FAQ's I read:

FAQ

I want to pick up the lot, is that possible? If so, do I still have to pay shipping costs?

For some lots it is indicated whether the items can also be picked up. In the payment email to be received, you must then tick that you are going to collect the lot. This cancels the shipping costs.

Will the buyer then receive a new invoice, without the shipping costs?

Or can the buyer simply deduct the shipping costs?

In the payment email to me as the seller I read:

In case of pick up:
As soon as the lot(s) have been collected, please change the status of the order to 'collected'.

This phrase gives me the impression that if I send the message 'collected' , Catawiki will refund the shipping costs to the buyer.

All confusing.

Who can clarify?

And is it an idea that things are explained better in the FAQs and the payment email?

Thank you in advance for your attention and answers.

BEST REGARDS

Cor (Wow)

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • July 30, 2014 21:04
July 30, 2014 21:04

@Wow
In that case, the buyer does not have to pay any shipping costs. That is obvious. But how is this settled iof arranged?

If the Seller has indicated in his profile that auction lots can also be picked up, the buyer will be given the choice in his invoice whether the lot should be shipped or whether it will be picked up.
As soon as the buyer has ticked his choice in the invoice, the invoice will be adjusted accordingly.

As soon as the lot (s) have been collected, please change the status of the order to 'collected'
This phrase gives me the impression that if I send the message 'collected', Catawiki will refund the shipping costs to the buyer.

The Seller will receive confirmation of payment and that the lot will be picked up. The request to set the status to "Collected" is then equal to the status Sent.
This sends the request for feedback to the buyer. This has nothing to do with the payment.

Show original message
  • 150 messages
  • July 30, 2014 21:49
added
prices

Thanks for the explanation.

But just to be clear:

If the buyer has a choice between picking up or not, will he first receive a payment email without an invoice?

Or will he receive a new invoice after checking the box?

Because somewhere there was also talk that I would have to return the shipping costs to the buyer upon collection.

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • July 31, 2014 00:38
July 31, 2014 00:38

@Wow
If the buyer has a choice between picking up or not, will he first receive a payment email without an invoice?

He will immediately receive a full invoice. This is adjusted real-time when the buyer indicates that he is going to pick up the lot.

Because somewhere it was also mentioned that I would have to return the shipping costs to the buyer when picking up.

This only applies if the Seller has not indicated in his profile that the lots can be picked up and then still allows to pick up a lot.
The Buyer must first pay an invoice, including shipping costs, then he will pick up the lot and must therefore reclaim the paid shipping costs from the Seller.

Show original message
  • 150 messages
  • July 31, 2014 09:08
added
prices

He will immediately receive a full invoice. This is adjusted real-time when the buyer indicates that he is going to pick up the lot.

And I assume that I as a seller also see in the order that no shipping costs have been paid.

Finally:

I would say include the information discussed here in the Auction FAQs. That saves a lot of searching and asking.

Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • July 31, 2014 09:20
July 31, 2014 09:20

@Wow
And I assume that as a seller I will also see in the order that no shipping costs have been paid.

It will be stated that the lot is being picked up.

I would say include the information covered here in the Auction FAQs. That saves a lot of searching and asking.

We are in the process of expanding the FAQ and this will also be included.

Show original message
  • 150 messages
  • July 31, 2014 09:21
added
prices

Proposal for an amended FAQ text:

I want to pick up the lot, is that possible? If so, do I still have to pay shipping costs?

For some lots it is indicated whether the items can also be picked up. In the payment email to be received, you must then tick that you are going to pick up the lot. The invoice is then immediately (real-time) adjusted and the shipping costs expire.

After payment by the buyer, the seller will receive a payment notification which he can see that no shipping costs have been paid and with the notification that the lot is picked up.

Buyer and seller contact each other to make an appointment.

Show original message
  • 150 messages
  • July 31, 2014 09:22
added
prices

Beautiful! And in the previous posting I already provided a concept ;-)

Good luck!

Show original message
  • 1 message
  • August 26, 2019 12:18
August 26, 2019 12:18

After payment for my lot, it appears that the buyer wants to pick it up anyway. Shipping costs have already been paid and the buyer wants them back. I also cannot change the status that the lot has been picked up. I now have to enter a track and trace number in the status, but they are not there then. How can this be solved further? Or just send the lot?

Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • August 26, 2019 20:16
added
prices
info pages
reviews

This is the forum for collectors and we cannot provide any meaningful answers to any auction issues here. It is best to contact customer service.

Show original message
10of 10
This topic is locked