7of 7
  • 84 messages
  • September 22, 2016 12:39
added
prices

I question the listing of the catalog value of imported items that are still new in the regular trade.

The value of second-hand copies of 'current' titles will decrease fairly quickly as the release date gets older , so unless someone is very active in keeping these prices up to date, the entered catalog value of these types of titles will quickly become obsolete. This undermines the reliability of the catalog.

A title becomes more collectible as soon as it is no longer available in the regular trade. The value will then fluctuate, but over time the title will retain its value. In my opinion, that is the right time to enter the catalog values.

When I use the above on Nintendo game consoles, the titles for NES up to and including Gamecube have a fairly fixed value (apart from inflation), the value of the Wii titles is still fluctuating and the Wii U titles are still too new.

My suggestion is to display a message when entering the values that recommends entering this information only after a certain age of the title.

Maybe even it is possible to block the fields of the catalog value until the title has reached a certain age. So as soon as the year entered in the 'Year' field has passed a certain number of years, the block will be lifted.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,106 messages
  • September 22, 2016 16:34
added
prices
reviews

You can of course put this on the To Do list, but click on to do when searching the Forum, and if I have understood (read) correctly, there has been a long time no programmer who does Arco with his good work on the side is correct me but Arco sls it is not so?

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,398 messages
  • September 22, 2016 19:31
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Just remove it completely like I once asked Rene.

A new newly released game costs 55€, after half a year that is 40€, another half year 20€. I recently asked Arco to remove the prices from this game. It now costs about €20 new.

And as a former video game manager, I've also regularly removed prices because the line between unused and fair condition just doesn't make sense (usually fair condition too high). The plague is as an administrator if someone immediately enters a price you first have to remove it and only then can you approve it. It should never be allowed that the importer can immediately put a price on it.

And that todo list will never be finished, we'll have to do with this.

Show original message
  • 1,354 messages
  • September 23, 2016 12:17
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Yes, those prices are a difficult point (for all categories, by the way).

If I remember correctly, I once proposed to add a separate field 'Original price in year of first issue' . That would actually be an interesting fact for all sections.

Show original message
  • 66 messages
  • October 04, 2016 20:25
added
prices
reviews

Scam definitely has a point. The issue price is important as a guideline and also for information. Just like stock prices. List prices are by definition target prices, but they do correlate with the issue price. Collectors always want to know what their objects are worth. List prices fluctuate and the amount depends on many factors. For example, with the comics there are rare copies of many hundreds of euros. When reprinted, the value may suddenly decimate. I myself enter prices for various categories. If possible, keep a close eye on prices. Visit many browsing and flea markets, thrift stores, Used Product and CEX stores, and Internet auctions. The quality of the object and the desire also play a major role. There are really people at Catawiki who understand prices. There are also those who use strange pricing methods. Fazerco, for example, sets the price of video games in reasonable condition, standard at 0.50 euros, whether they are just out, highly sought-after or indeed shit. A game in reasonable condition will not scratch your screen and that actually applies to all digital media except CDs. He either does it perfectly or he doesn't, in which case the game cannot be qualified as fair. That is why a price of 0.50 euros for a game that does 20 euros in new condition is nonsense. And there is much more to say about prices.

Show original message
  • 2,398 messages
  • October 05, 2016 19:27
added
prices
info pages
reviews

It's about the aggregate value. That a reasonable game plays on your console, that is also allowed, because otherwise it is a 'bad' condition.

As a collector (and most other collectors as well) do not want a loose disk or half-broken box with torn up manual of the ps2 game. So what's it worth? At most, you would want it from a rare game.

You would rather buy games from, for example, a gameboy, or game gear in reasonable condition. These were in cardboard boxes that have been thrown away frequently, so more difficult to obtain.

Again the definition that Catawiki uses for fair condition:

Reasonable condition

Only the console or game (CD, DVD, cartridge…) or packaging very badly damaged.

And judging by your scans you leave them too ;-)

Edit, I have to ask, 6368487 , did you put down 20 € for that?

Show original message
  • 240 messages
  • June 08, 2017 15:11
added
prices
info pages
reviews

For example, I always buy the 'worthless games' at Cex for € 0.50 if they come in a very nice box, because a separate box is more expensive. I also do not understand that games in a box are worth less than the purchase of a box ?? The original price at issue option seems like a good option to add. Sometimes a game is very expensive and you can see it everywhere, sometimes a game is very cheap but you really won't find it anywhere. The value also differs per country, FIFA football games are here the older the cheaper, in England you see the total opposite, the older the more expensive (which seems more logical to me). But there is a different game culture per country. Even in the Netherlands you see a different game culture between immigrant and native Dutch, It remains as with everything ... "What the fool gives for it!".

Show original message
7of 7