12of 12
  • 3 messages
  • January 28, 2014 12:09
added
January 28, 2014 12:09

What should you do now if you want to add new tea bags, but don't have a scanner?

Can't I post a photo for now? Someone recommend for me?

thank you.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • January 28, 2014 13:19
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Photos are always allowed in Catawiki, although scans are usually much nicer.

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • January 28, 2014 13:24
added
January 28, 2014 13:24

Okay, thanks for your response.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 8 messages
  • January 28, 2014 15:20
added
prices
reviews
January 28, 2014 15:20

See Tea Bag Handbook

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • January 28, 2014 16:10
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Where handbooks contradict the 'constitution' of Catawiki, such a handbook can be ruined, you know. And now I really say it in the most friendly way. Okay ... add a smiley then ... (;-)

Show original message
  • 8 messages
  • January 28, 2014 16:34
added
prices
reviews
January 28, 2014 16:34

Thank you for this very kindest comment

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • January 28, 2014 16:43
added
prices
info pages
reviews

You're welcome. Clarity for everything. Soft healers rarely appear to work here. (;-)

Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • January 28, 2014 16:54
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Of course placing a scan on flat objects is better than a photo, but sometimes there is no other option. Make sure that the photos are of good quality, because sometimes they are of such a quality that the intention of the image (recognition of the object) is destroyed. And that can lead an administrator to reject an item if there is no response to the request to post better material.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • January 28, 2014 17:02
added
prices
info pages
reviews

And I totally agree with that. And hop ... another smiley! As if it costs nothing ... (;-)

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • January 28, 2014 17:37
added
January 28, 2014 17:37

So ... is a photo allowed or not?

Because all my hard work of 2 hours (taking photos and putting them online, typing in, ...) has apparently been removed my collection and catalog ... :-(

Which of the administrators now gives me a FINAL ANSWER?

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • January 28, 2014 18:22
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I am not an administrator of the teabags section, but I think as an experienced user of CataWiki I can give you some tips and / or answers. In addition, perhaps also my experience as manager of other collection sections here.

As Ted already explained, a photo is certainly allowed and preferably as clear as possible with only information about the tea bag on it (so not too much background in the photo).

I saw that you have already added a lot of tea bags to your collection, so that will be fine. The problem is probably in using your own photos for your copies. With your collection, if I took a quick look, I did not see any photos of your own copy.

The photos you have taken will only appear in the CataWiki Tea Bag Catalog (CTC) if the tea bag does not yet exist. . You then create a new item, fill in the data and add your photos. An administrator can then reject this entry, but then you will get one or more reasons why it was rejected and what you need to do to enter it correctly. If it is approved, everyone will see those photos with that tea bag that you have added to the Catalog.

If the tea bag already exists, you must first find and select the tea bag in the CTC. Then on the right side there is a button with the option to add it to your Collection, Shop or submit it for auction (the radio buttons). If you want to place your own photos of your copy there, click on the link Add more information (black triangles are next to it). Then you can fill in even more and you can place 3 of your own images of your tea bag.

The latter type of images cannot be rejected by an administrator, because they are in your own collection and those are your photos. Unless they are not allowed according to the law or the rules of CataWiki, you can just use them.

Why your input (I see 0 entered items) is not approved, I do not know, but I think it is just a wrong way of typing.

Again, of course you can always ask for help here in the forum and the CataWiki help section is also very clear. And I also think that the Handbook for importing teabags is one of the most beautiful handbooks I have seen . Very clear also because of the images that clarify a lot. Furthermore, there is no prohibition on the use of photos, but it is just not recommended! This mainly has to do with the legibility / clarity of the images and that is also explained.

I wish you a lot of fun with CataWiki and hope you remain one of the many builders of the CataWiki Catalog. Sometimes it is a lot of work, but it also yields a lot and you make many collectors very happy.

Together we build a complete and complete CataWiki Catalog!

Show original message
  • 2,412 messages
  • January 28, 2014 18:48
added
prices
info pages
reviews

I read the manual again very carefully and it does indeed say the following line:

If photos are posted, the item will be rejected by the administrators

I agree with Arco and you can ignore that rule, because every self-respecting good administrator only rejects unclear (read illegible) photos. I think that part of the handbook will be changed in the next version.

I think the example itself is good, because it shows that you can't read anything from a slanted photo.

Show original message
12of 12