6of 6
  • 53 messages
  • June 07, 2020 15:43
added
prices

Dear collectors,

In recent months, a lot of work has been done to complement the Greek catalog. Greece is a very popular collection area among collectors. Many collectors have started their collection with cards that were brought from Greece during the holidays.

The Greek maps are characterized by their versatile designs, allowing theme collectors to indulge themselves. Today, Greece still issues monthly telephone cards in relatively high numbers. They are available from post offices and better tobacco shops.

Collectors have been collecting for years according to the catalogs, where many of the variants are not included. At most, variants were referred to as 'letraset', which denoted deviations in the batch numbers. Also, partly due to the Greek alphabet, it was difficult to look up maps in the catalog. Hours of browsing is a thing of the past. In the Catawiki catalog, all cards are now cataloged by batch number, so that a card in the catalog can be found in a storage.

The Greek numbering is structured as follows: 1180 000000

1180 in this example is the batch number and 000000 is the sequence number. A batch number turns over 1,000,000 cards. Some cards run through multiple numbers, making these cards very tricky. It is therefore important to scroll through your double cards again to complete the variants.

As the catalog has yet to be updated in some series, you can take OTE 1180 as an example of what the entire Greek catalog should look like in a few weeks:

https://www.catawiki.nl/catalogus/telefoonkaarten/series/4402441-ote -1180

Finally, thanks go to administrator Phonocard who has already put all Greek cards in the correct sequence.

With collective greetings,

Sebastian

(ussie87)

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 2 messages
  • June 17, 2020 20:40
June 17, 2020 20:40
Hey I have been saving for about 30 years, but never knew this was great fun. Question is there a site or rather an app where you can put all your cards, say. Gr
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 1,263 messages
  • June 17, 2020 21:49
prices
info pages
reviews
I don't know if I understood your question correctly, but is this what you are looking for? If you look up an item in the catalog, there are 2 options: "Include in collection" for anything you already own, "Add to wishlist" for anything else you'd like to buy. If you own something that does not yet exist, you must first add it yourself (if in doubt, read the catalog guidelines or ask the administrators for advice). If you then go to your own catalog profile, you will see all of that.
Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • June 17, 2020 21:54
added
prices
info pages
reviews

And if you use the CW Collect! installs on a mobile device, you always have those things with you.

Show original message
  • 2 messages
  • June 18, 2020 04:23
June 18, 2020 04:23
Okay so here I can fill in my cards. I've been saving them for 30 years but this is really new to me, I don't really get it yet hahahah. For example, how do I find the card that I want to put in my collection here
Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 1,263 messages
  • June 18, 2020 11:36
prices
info pages
reviews
I don't know anything about phone cards, but if you've been collecting for so long you'll soon discover how it works. Go to the catalog homepage. The catalog is divided by "object". So go to the phone card catalog. At the top is a search bar to search by description, on the left various entries per country / type / theme / publisher / .... In addition, there is an extensive filter option above each result shown. The more you know about your map the faster you will find it, just give it a try.
Show original message
6of 6