3of 3
  • 1 message
  • November 13, 2013 22:05
November 13, 2013 22:05

I struggle with the fact that the auction continues after another bid is made just before the deadline. It seems like you want to raise the price consciously. Deadline is deadline, that's how I can do it too !!!

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 431 messages
  • November 13, 2013 22:11
November 13, 2013 22:11

I struggle with the fact that the auction continues after another bid is made just before the deadline. It seems like you want to raise the price consciously. Deadline is deadline, that's how I can do it too !!!

Clearly let this be the appeal of our auctions. At other auction houses, you are the winner if you manage to be the last to bid. While there are collectors who would have liked to offer more, but didn't get a chance.

Now everyone has a fair chance to enter their best buy price. Now the winner is the one who has the most to spare for a particular lot and that's the way it goes at a physical auction.

Show original message
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 2,403 messages
  • November 13, 2013 22:12
added
prices
info pages
reviews

In many auctions, an item only goes under the hammer when there are no more bids. This is also the case with Catawiki. Of course there is something to be said for a fixed end time, but this variant has been chosen here.

And you can always wonder who is driving up the price ....

Show original message
3of 3