4of 4
  • 1 message
  • February 11, 2020 21:01
February 11, 2020 21:01

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cj2pDeFaS1JdiPow8

Dear people. I am an avid collector. Art, objects, etc. (Mainly 'orientalist / from the M.O) Besides the love for aesthetics, I enjoy researching items and works. Searching for a piece of history through something tangible, or just broadening knowledge - It is a time company that I enjoy a lot.

But, from my very first purchase, years ago, I can't figure out who the maker is. I would really love if someone can help me on my way, or even know who the painter is! Many thanks for thinking along.

Sincerely,

Robert.

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • February 11, 2020 21:38
added
prices
info pages
reviews

It is best to enter the drawing in the catalog. This is possible in the section Drawings / Paintings . This makes it easier for readers of this forum to view the painting and give an opinion about it.

Show original message
  • 14 messages
  • February 11, 2020 23:11
February 11, 2020 23:11

Hi Ted, thank you for your message. Sorry, I don't really understand where to put it. I do see an option to add it, but there are mandatory fields like 'the title' the 'creator' etc. These are precisely the data that I am trying to find out. Or are you aiming at a different place that I overlook? Could you perhaps explain more precisely where I can better place the question / photos. Then I will soon.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Show original message
Ted
VIP
  • 1,139 messages
  • February 12, 2020 09:25
added
prices
info pages
reviews

If you don't know, you can fill in Unknown at artist. As title you enter a brief description of the work. You can post three photos (no larger than 5MB). Place one of the signature as well.

At details you can indicate that you are looking for the missing info.

Once added to the catalog, you can post the Catawiki number on the forum. Then we know which painting it is about.

Readers of the forum are more willing to think along / search if an object has been entered in the catalog.

Show original message
4of 4