Go to page
25of 65
  • 3 messages
  • February 26, 2015 12:31
February 26, 2015 12:31

Dear readers, I regularly offer paintings in the art auction. Does anyone know where you can buy boxes for sending paintings for a reasonable price?

Message has been translated from Dutch
Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • February 26, 2015 13:10
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Do not send paintings in boxes but in wooden formwork.

The transporter is never responsible for the packaging.

The sender is the expert regarding the product and not the The carrier and the sender are responsible for the proper packaging of the product to be sent.

No carrier will take his legal responsibility for a damaged shipment if a painting that is packed in a box is damaged, he will reject on faulty packaging, the jurisprudence regarding paintings and other works of art damaged during shipment is clear, only wooden formwork is sound.

Show original message
  • 3 messages
  • February 26, 2015 14:33
February 26, 2015 14:33

They are not Rembrandt's, my dear.

A box also has its disadvantages because it passes the shocks on impact more to the painting than a box, which has a certain "crumple zone".

I have received paintings packed in a wooden box, which were badly damaged.

I have already shipped at least 100 paintings in boxes, very well packaged, without complaints.

So I understand you don't know where to buy the boxes.

Thank you

Show original message
  • 1,890 messages
  • February 26, 2015 15:25
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Cornelis,

Everything can be damaged, I know from experience, even in a wooden box even in a metal box, but the transporter cannot rely on bad packaging if you want to hold him liable. Your high-quality '' crumple zone '' of cardboard does not stand a chance against a forklift truck or a sliding pallet, but regardless of what logistics responsible packaging is, the moving boxes for sale at many do-it-yourself stores are basically sturdy, they must after all, have a stacking strength of a few dozen kilos.

Also try Pelikaan ( www.pelikaan.nl ). even tailor-made, if you send delicate items such as art or expensive wine, it is best to charge an extra amount for proper packaging, as the properties of the product in question require more special and more expensive packaging, so that should go without saying for the buyer in question. efficient packaging is expensive in the longer term. And we know the comment it went well until now, you can also cross the road 35 times with your eyes closed without being run over. I get dozens of '' it didn't go well '' claims every day, in that sense packers like you keep me working.

Show original message
  • 176 messages
  • February 26, 2015 16:28
February 26, 2015 16:28

Paardenopers.nl

Show original message
  • 57 messages
  • May 21, 2015 21:26
added

I sent a lot of paintings and objects to America and back in boxes.

They came back undamaged. But packing is also a profession.

But I have a completely different problem: entering art in the Catawiki catalog

drawings e.g. can only be entered in the illustrations section, and that is quite different.

Then ceramics, which is a separate section. But I am not going to place a ceramic artwork by an artist whose work is in the collection of the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam among the cups and saucers and kitsch figurines!

Obviously there is no administrator with knowledge of ART

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • Catalogue administrator
  • 4,226 messages
  • May 21, 2015 21:34
added
prices
reviews

It is clear that there is no manager with an understanding of ART matters

is not necessary either, because a painting by Rembrandt or the neighbor around the corner, it is and remains a painting ...

Show original message
  • 57 messages
  • May 21, 2015 22:47
added

Most absurd comment ever!

The Rijksmuseum not only uses boxes, but climatised boxes for its Rembrand's. All museums, serious art dealers and others in the visual arts.

I have about 10 more (tailor-made for the artworks). ISCA

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • May 22, 2015 08:20
added
prices
reviews

I'll try to explain it in block capitals:

an administrator does not need to have an understanding of ART to know whether the correct fields of an item in the section have been filled in correctly.

And in Catawiki, items are classified according to what it represents, not whether something is ART or not, because what ART is there is often not even the high gentlemen. At the time there was already a lot of criticism of 'Who's afraid of red, yellow and blue'.

Show original message
  • 57 messages
  • May 22, 2015 09:08
added

Morits

In capital letters (because I don't have any block letters): WHAT A RUDE REACTION!

. the bureaucratic rules: "whether the item in the section has been filled in correctly in the correct fields". YES: I was talking about the packaging of paintings, not what art is. You started talking about Rembrandt. And in your last message: "Who's afraid of red, yellow and blue".

I know one more: Apple - my children can do that too.

"An administrator does not have to to have an understanding of art ... ". No, they are just pictures, so why not all VISUAL ART under the headings ILLUSTRATIONS and CERAMICS (see Culot between the cups and saucers).

Show original message
  • 1,755 messages
  • May 22, 2015 11:09
added
prices
info pages
reviews

drawings e.g. can only be entered in the illustrations section, and that is quite different.

Then ceramics that is a separate section. But I am not going to place a ceramic artwork by an artist whose work is in the collection of the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam among the cups and saucers and kitsch figurines!

Obviously there is no administrator with an understanding of ART

YES: I was talking about the packaging of paintings, not what art is. You started talking about Rembrandt.

P'don? I think you really started with topic hijacking first, or bringing in completely irrelevant matters for the topic being discussed.

off topic: Personally, I think that the Stedelijk has enough obvious rubbish in its collection to not to use that as a normative criterion. Fuchs in particular has unfortunately always had a lot of trouble with the difference between Art and 'a trick'.

Show original message
  • 1,909 messages
  • May 22, 2015 11:09
added
prices
info pages
reviews

In capital letters (because I don't have any block letters)

Most absurd comment ever!

And then you blame someone otherwise:

WHAT A RUDE REACTION!

YES: I had it about the packaging of paintings, not about what art is.

While you mentioned before:

But who am I? I have no real art, imported directly from America, in air-conditioned boxes for the municipal museum of Amsterdam.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • May 22, 2015 11:54
added
prices
reviews

Fuchs, Fuchs, isn't that the pichem who had that famous painting I mentioned above colored by the winter painter?

Edit:

I do him an injustice, it was Wim Beeren who made that happen.

Edit:

now that we are working off-topic: Culot is not called artist from his first name, the administrator please change that.

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • May 22, 2015 21:45
added
prices
reviews

thanks for the change of the name, Isca thought it necessary so that this designer would stand head and shoulders above the plebs, because artists are, after all, very special people

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • May 22, 2015 21:46
added
prices
info pages
reviews

You could also do it yourself. Wiki, you know? (;-)

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • May 22, 2015 21:47
added
prices
reviews

no, I can't get to the designers, just add a new name and I didn't want that

Show original message
  • 84 messages
  • May 23, 2015 20:28
added
prices

Isca argues for an adjustment of the classification. To openly regard an administrator as incompetent does not seem very useful to me (I sense some resistance and notice some deviation from the real question in the responses), but for Isca this will undoubtedly stem from a passion for art.

It goes without saying that Culot's work does not belong among utensils. However, this is not on the basis of artistic value (the information in a catalog should be objective), but purely because it concerns different disciplines. The fact that it is included is because a specific section for ceramic art does not (yet) exist.

An idea could be to create a category 'Visual arts'. Perhaps Isca wants to set herself up as administrator? Classification of subsections and regulations can be established gradually as is done with other main sections: on the basis of actions and healthy discussions by people with expertise.

Show original message
  • Catalogue manager
  • 8,580 messages
  • May 23, 2015 20:38
added
prices
info pages
reviews

Sorry, art is not an object, but a subjective concept. Rembrandt is simply standing in between my neighbour's garbage in Drawing / painting. But you don't see my neighbour's rubbish when you search for Rembrandt. The same applies to ceramics. We are an object-oriented catalog, not a museum.

Show original message
  • 84 messages
  • May 23, 2015 21:15
added
prices

Sure, the word 'art' can be used subjectively, but the term 'visual art' concerns a generally accepted discipline. After all, about a painting you say "I don't think this is art" but not: "I don't think this is visual art".

I understand your comment about the museum. But we're not just talking about unique items that rarely change hands. Plenty of fine art has been produced in editions.

Show original message
  • 57 messages
  • May 23, 2015 21:45
added

Ha, finally a message of constructive criticism. My free advice is to get rid of all that visual art (it's not in the categories anyway) before you insult any more people. The administrators hate ART. This is evident from their statements:

Rembrandt is like rubbish from my neighbor, die pichems, Fuch art and art, the winter painter. Culot's ceramics is just an object.

Roland Topor has been placed (by me, there was no other choice) among the illustrators.

Apparently photos cannot be visual art (yes, between photo and film cameras) I have a photo of the chess player Karpov, made by Maria Gillissen (widow Broodthaers)

Now yes, stop it.

What I find very serious is that the 'hate' mail I received from Morits does not appear on the Forum, including a liar. That's what I call abusing your position !!! And cowardly.

Show original message
  • 57 messages
  • May 23, 2015 21:56
added

Vinjatvideogames

I don't want to keep this one from Pegag from you either: "The Stedelijk Museum has enough plain junk". All in all, 3 different opinions about art at Catawiki Catalog "

Show original message
  • 1,401 messages
  • May 23, 2015 22:54
added
prices
info pages
reviews

The administrators hate ART. This is evident from their statements:

What I "hate" are generalizations like this one. I also love music and if that doesn't fall under ART, I don't know anymore

Show original message
Morits
POWER
  • 4,226 messages
  • May 23, 2015 23:06
added
prices
reviews

And the fact that I have a museum annual pass is only for my three-year-old daughter, right?

Show original message
  • 57 messages
  • May 23, 2015 23:17
added

FrenchS

I also love music very much. And totally agree that music is art. One of the most difficult (composer).

P.S. have a book by Gerry Mulligan with drawings by his hand, where music and visual art come together.

Show original message
  • 57 messages
  • May 24, 2015 00:02
added

FrenchS

There was no generalization on my part. I only quoted statements from three different administrators of Catawiki's Visual Arts Catalog.

This statement by Morits sums up the opinion of Catawiki well:

an administrator does not need to understand Art .

I react too seriously to this. I must keep away from people who air these kinds of statements. Isca

Show original message
Go to page
25of 65
This topic is locked